Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
_Arthur Somers Roche
I got a mind bugging message early this morning as at 6:30 am from a female friend from school, and as the conversation went on, we both figured she was dealing with anxiety. she was really filled with what I’d call a chronic anxiety, both from her just ended relationship to her life generally. I had to quickly come up with my secret emergency route, I take when I begin to get deep into such feeling.
So, I thought I would show them to you all as well, as I know a lot of you, also experience it and sometimes might just need a friendly reminder.
1. Take a day to just relax: No studying and no social media. Have a day to just think things through and if you’re an over-thinker (like me), have someone who is close with you to be there for you to try and calm you down. I’ve had these days before with my best friend and you feel so much better afterwards. Make sure for it not to extend to 2 days otherwise you’ll get in a routine and it’s not healthy, which will mostly take you to another land entirely trust me, you don’t wanna go there.
2. Go outside and take a walk: Just a stroll could help you in a very big way you never know; a park, gardens, a mall close to you… and you will see the beauty in it.
3. Don’t beat yourself up: Your anxiety doesn’t define who you are and mental health issues affects 10% (3 kids) out of 30 young adults and teenagers, so you know you aren’t alone.
4. Get enough sleep: Have an early night and I promise you, you will feel like as much as a daisy you can the next day. A good sleep, truly does make you feel refreshed, TRUST ME.
5. Avoid caffeine: I eat and drink (esp coke, but not like Mitchy tho) virtually everything and anything that comes my way, and that’s probably the worst thing to drink for anxiety because it makes it worse.
6. Talk about it: with whoever you need, I’m always here. I’m open to lend that listening ear.
If you ever need to talk about something (it could be anything) or you’re just worried about a friend, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will reply within a few minutes or 2 days at most, I promise not to be later than that.
Remember that it gets better and I will be there for you for every single one of you, just drop a comment, email me or slide in my DM on twitter.
Till my next post ✌.